Mercer County Small Business Investment Program
Mercer County is partnering with SMBX to pilot the Small Business Investment Program. Come to a free event to learn how your business can raise funds from the community.
When: Monday, November 13, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.
Where: The College of New Jersey Business Building Student Lounge, 2000 Pennington Road, Ewing, N.J.
What is SMBX?
- SMBX is a marketplace for Small Business Bonds – a way for small businesses to raise capital from their communities.
Who can invest?
- Anyone with a US bank account or credit card can invest for as little as $10, and they can earn 7 – 11% interest on their investment.
What are the requirements?
- Must have 30 or fewer employees
- Must be established prior to April 10, 2023
- Must have a physical location in Mercer County
- Have less than $10 million in gross revenue
- Any owner who owns more than 20% must pass a background check and a credit check
- Must have 6 months of net positive income