Entrepreneurship as a Second Chance Program – Application Now Open!
ESC is a pathway to self-sustainability through entrepreneurship. Developed by UCEDC with funding from Impact 100 Garden State, the program enables citizens reentering society to forge an alternate path toward employment free of the typical societal prejudices and obstacles they traditionally face. ESC provides the education, mentoring, and support needed. A well-prepared entrepreneur with a solid business plan has much greater odds of success.
The ESC program starts with a 7-week course, which includes classroom training and one-on-one counseling each week. Participants will create a viable business plan and will have two years of additional mentoring while they start their new businesses. ESC will provide the tools each business needs to be successful, including computers, business software, and the potential for start-up financing.
- Learn whether you have the traits to be a business owner and make your idea work
- Assess the feasibility of your particular business idea and ensure that it will provide the benefits you want from business ownership
- Master the steps to opening a business in New Jersey
- Determine the correct structure for your business
- Work closely with instructors during class and in off-hours to draft your business plan.
- Receive one-on-one mentoring for 2 years on successful completion of the class
- Access potential funding
Who should apply?
Individuals who are court-involved or returning from incarceration, who are serious about building their own business and are able to commit to the class schedule. Applicants should have a solid business idea and practical experience in that field. UCEDC will help participants finish writing the business plan for their proposed business. ESC is a highly competitive program, and those who apply will go through an in-depth screening process before being accepted to the program.
Minimum requirements to qualify:
- Post-release for at least 1 year
- Have recurring income from at least one part- or full-time job
This ESC session will meet (virtually) every Wednesday, October 4 – November 15, 2023
August 26th, 2023
Learn More and Apply Now:
For more information and questions, please contact Timothy Moore, Program Coordinator: email@example.com or (609) 454-8857.
Information Courtesy of UCEDC