The SBA Office of Entrepreneurial Development (OED) has published their 2015 Year in Review, highlighting the important progress made across the nation.
In partnership with America’s SBDCs nationwide as well as counselors from the Women’s Business Centers (WBC) and SCORE programs, the OED has worked to ensure that every small business owner in America has access to effective counseling, mentoring, technical assistance and training services.
The statistics for SBDCs and long-term business success have us BURSTING with pride. Check these out!
- The SBDC program focused on counseling strategic and financial planning, business development, and cash flow management to more than 454,000 entrepreneurs at more than 900 locations across the nation
- SBDC’s increased focus on international trade assistance led to clients exporting a total of more than $3.5 billion in products and services
- Long-term SBDC clients (those who have received five or more hours of service) have seen revenues growing by an average of 118% or $131,707, and 19% accessed capital that helped their business start and grow
- These outcomes lead to an average 22% employment rate – creating an estimated 74,759 new jobs
- A whopping 95% of clients would recommend the SBDC
We are so proud of these successes and we thank YOU, our loyal clients and supporters for all of your help along the way.
Check out the full document here – see pages 30-33 for all the stats.