The New Jersey Small Business Development Centers are delighted and honored to bring you a new and unique opportunity to distinguish your business and enhance its competitive advantage: The New Jersey Sustainable Business Registry.The registry is a component of a larger initiative between Rutgers’ New Jersey Small Business Development Centers (NJSBDC) and the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), with support and assistance from other business and environmentally concerned partners and stakeholders
Collectively, these entities comprise the New Jersey Sustainable Business Initiative (NJSBI). The NJSBI is an initiative of the NJ Department of Environmental Protection’s Sustainability and Green Energy (SAGE) Program. The program’s vision is to raise awareness, educate and motivate companies to pursue sustainability as a competitive business strategy and a shared community responsibility, and account for its performance in terms of the triple bottom line: People, Planet, Profit.
This Sustainable Business Initiative has two primary goals:
- To promote sustainability planning and practices among New Jersey businesses to enhance economic success, environmental protection, and an improved quality of life.
- To identify and share resources to educate and encourage the NJ business community on the sustainable return on investment (SROI). SROI determines the full value of a project by assigning monetary values to all costs and benefits – economic, social and environmental.
As a result of its working relationship with the NJDEP, and its concern and regard for a cleaner, safer, and healthier environment, the NJSBDC is expanding its services to include providing assistance or discussing interests you might have regarding the business registry, or any pollution prevention or sustainability practices relevant to your business or industry. Entrepreneurs now have access to additional NJSBDC consultants who have specific expertise in pollution prevention and environmentally sustainable practices.
The New Jersey Sustainable Business Registry is a NO-COST way to
- Promote your business
- Save money
- Be socially responsible
- Distinguish your business from your competition
- Reduce cost/Increase revenue
- Minimize risk
- Demonstrate your concern for the environment
- Spur Growth
To learn more about this program, and the significant impact it can have on your business’ reputation and bottom-line, e-mail the program manager at NJSB@NJSBDC.com, or visit the New Jersey Sustainable Business Registry at http://registry.njsbdc.com/