When You “Shop Small,” It Can Lead to Big Things
In 2010, American Express founded Small Business Saturday to help businesses with their most pressing need – getting more customers.
The day encourages people to shop at small businesses on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The single day has grown into a powerful movement, and more people are taking part than ever before.
We’ve compiled a handy list of all the initiatives in which YOU can participate!
Check out American Express’ Shop Small page for:
- Info about Small Business Saturday (#SmallBizSat)
- Ways to Rally Your Neighborhood Through Events
- Ways to Promote Your Business Through Maps, Signage and Online Ads
- How to Join the Movement via Social Media
More Resources from SBA and Twitter:
- SBA’s Small Business Saturday Resource Page
- Twitter Business’ #SmallGoesBig Small Biz Saturday Support Movement FREE TOOLKIT
- Create an effective content strategy
- Grow your community of supporters
- Drive website clicks or conversions
- Measure your impact with Twitter’s free analytic tools
- Run exclusive promotions
If you’re using social media to promote, be sure to use the #SmallBizSat hashtag.
Remember, THIS Saturday, November 29th, get out there and Shop Small!